WandaVision is a Disney+ original miniseries, set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, focusing on Scarlet Witch and Vision. The series premiered on January 15, 2021, and concluded on March 5, 2021, and it's the first of twelve MCU series to be broadcast on the streaming service.
Marvel Studios “WandaVision” blends the style of classic sitcoms with the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany)—two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban lives—begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.
Following Avengers: Endgame, Wanda Maximoff is unable to accept the fact Vision is dead. As a result, she steals his body back from an organization known as S.W.O.R.D., and used her magic to create a reality bubble around the town of Westview. Within Wanda's world, Vision is revived, albeit without any memory except for his love for Wanda. He now believes they had always been a couple with strange powers. However, Wanda slowly loses control of her reality, as it constantly shifts into different eras of classic sitcoms. At the same time, S.W.O.R.D. is trying to find a way to neutralize Wanda to free the captive town, either peacefully or through termination.
During the week the Hex covering Westview stays up, Wanda finds herself pregnant and she soon gives birth to twin children, Tommy and Billy. Following the kids suddenly aging to 10 years, Wanda is visited by her brother Pietro who has returned with a new face. Later, it turns out that her neighbor Agnes is really a witch named Agatha Harkness and she has been manipulating Wanda the entire time.
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff
- Paul Bettany as Vision
- Debra Jo Rupp as Sharon Davis/Mrs. Hart
- Fred Melamed as Todd Davis/Mr. Hart
- Kathryn Hahn as Agatha Harkness/Agnes
- Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau/Geraldine
- Randall Park as Jimmy Woo
- Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis/The Escape Artist
- Evan Peters as Ralph Bohner
- Asif Ali as Abilash Tandom/Norm
- David Lengel as Harold Proctor/Phil Jones
- Ithamar Enriquez as Commercial Man
- Victoria Blade as Commercial Woman
- Amos Glick as Dennis the Mailman/Dennis the Delivery Man/Pizza Delivery Man
- Emma Caulfield Ford as Sarah Proctor/Dottie
- Jolene Purdy as Isabel Matsueida/Beverly
- David Payton as John Collins/Herb
- Zac Henry as Beekeeper/SWORD Agent
- Yuuki Luna and Eric Delgado as Tap Dancers
- Randy Oglesby as Doctor Nielson
- Rose Bianco as Mrs. Nielson
- Wesley Kimmel as Commercial Boy
- Sydney Thomas as Commercial Girl
- Josh Stamberg as Director Hayward
- Alan Heckner as Agent Monti/The Strongman
- Selena Anduze as Agent Rodriguez
- Lana Young as Dr. Highland
- Sam Young as Doctor
- Viviana Chavez as Nurse
- Bobby Hernandez as Security Guard
- Shaun MacLean as Orderly
- Brian Brightman as Sheriff
- Vince Canlas & Archith Seshadri as Men in Van
- Michaela Cronin as Woman in Van
- Janet Song & Christopher James as Blip Back People
- Lloyd Pitts as Man
- Julian Hilliard as Billy
- Jett Klyne as Tommy
- Baylen Bielitz as Billy (5 years old)
- Gavin Borders as Tommy (5 years old)
- Jenna Kanell as Mad Tech
- Eli Everett as SWORD Drone Pilot
- Sophia Gaidarova and Michaela Russell as Young Wanda
- Gabriel Gurevich and Joshua Begelman as Young Pietro
- Stephanie Astalos-Jones as Toothless Old Woman
- Amor Owens as Parent
- Tamara Hetzel as Suburban Woman
- Jon Zimmerman as Suburban Man
- Adam Gold as Commercial Shark (voice)
- Tristen Chen as Commercial Kid (voice)
- Rachael Thompson as Major Goodner
- Kate Forbes as Evanora Harkness
- Ilana Kohanchi as Iryna Maximoff
- Daniyar as Olek Maximoff
- Hans Obma as Hydra Scientist
- Stephen Goldbach as Hydra Tech
- Aaron Gillespie as Security Guard
- Grey DeLisle as Commercial Narrator (voice only) (uncredited)
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||"Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience"||Matt Shakman||Jac Schaeffer||January 15, 2021|
|Wanda and Vision struggle to conceal their powers during dinner with Vision's boss and his wife.|
|2||"Don't Touch That Dial"||Matt Shakman||Gretchen Enders||January 15, 2021|
|In order to fit in, Wanda and Vision perform a magic act in their community talent show.|
|3||"Now in Color"||Matt Shakman||Megan McDonnell||January 22, 2021|
|Wanda's pregnancy fritzes her powers as she and Vision prepare for an accelerated delivery.|
|4||"We Interrupt This Program"||Matt Shakman||Bobak Esfarjani & Megan McDonnell||January 29, 2021|
|Monica Rambeau, tasked with a special assignment regarding sentient weapons, goes missing.|
|5||"On a Very Special Episode..."||Matt Shakman||Peter Cameron & Mackenzie Dohr||February 5, 2021|
|Wanda addresses Vision's worries when he grows suspicious of the neighbors' strange behavior.|
|6||"All-New Halloween Spooktacular!"||Matt Shakman||Chuck Hayward & Peter Cameron||February 12, 2021|
|Disturbances on Halloween separate Wanda from Vision, who looks into anomalous activity in Westview.|
|7||"Breaking the Fourth Wall"||Matt Shakman||Cameron Squires||February 19, 2021|
|Monica plots her return, Wanda navigates unsettling complications, and Vision forms a new alliance.|
|8||"Previously On"||Matt Shakman||Laura Donney||February 26, 2021|
|Wanda embarks on a troubling journey revisiting her past for insight into her present and future.|
|9||"The Series Finale"||Matt Shakman||Jac Schaeffer||March 5, 2021|
|The events of WandaVision come to a head, and the destinies of all who took part are determined.|
- The events of this series will be tied directly into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, much like the Loki series and Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- The poster featuring Wanda and Vision shows them in 1950's suburban setting, while a shadow silhouette can be seen in the background, resembling their comic book appearances.
- The official trailer for WandaVision amassed 53 million views online, within 24 hours, believed to be the highest draw online, for a streaming service’s series ad spot.
- Starting with this series, future Marvel Studios series will be deeply connected with the MCU and, due to airing on Disney+, will all be aimed at a family audience.
- This is the first Marvel Cinematic Universe TV series to feature a theme song as the series intro.
- This TV series marks the fourth collaboration with songwriters Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez and score composer Christophe Beck after Frozen, Frozen Fever, and Frozen II.
- The episode titles refer to classic television sitcom terms and exclamations.
- The show takes place 3 weeks after Avengers: Endgame.
- All-New Halloween Spooktacular! doesn't have a 90s sitcom setup because the 90s didn't have any original takes on sitcoms and were still drawing from the 80s.
- Vision is shown to retain all his powers; albeit because he is animated by and drawing on Wanda's magic within the Hex. Proving again both their powers came from the Mind Stone.
- "A new era arrives. Marvel Studios’ #WandaVision, an Original Series, is streaming Jan. 15 on #DisneyPlus." (tweet). Twitter (November 12, 2020).
- "WandaVision Season 1 (2020)". Marvel.
- "'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' Will Tie Into 'WandaVision'". Inverse (July 20, 2019).
- "Marvel Studios’ ‘WandaVision’: Breaking Down the New Disney+ Trailer". Marvel (September 21, 2020).
- "‘WandaVision’ Director Teases Epic Action Sitcom For Elizabeth Olsen Series". Heroic Hollywood (September 20, 2019).
- "Sydney Chandler, Nick Kroll, Douglas Smith, Kate Berlant, Asif Ali Round Out Cast Of Olivia Wilde’s ‘Don’t Worry Darling’". Dealine (October 13, 2020).
- "‘The White Lotus’: Molly Shannon Among Five Cast In HBO’s Limited Social Satire". Deadline (October 30, 2020).
- "Exclusive: Josh Stamberg Joins ‘WandaVision’". Murphy's Multiverse (December 6, 2020).
- "Disney+’s Loki Series Is Directly Linked to Marvel’s Doctor Strange Sequel". CBR (November 8, 2019).
- "All the Disney Investor Day Announcements in One Big Post". Vulture (December 11, 2020).
- "‘WandaVision’ Trailer Racks Up Massive Traffic In 24 Hours Post-Emmys". Deadline (September 22, 2020).