Weselton is the home territory of the Duke of Weselton in Disney's 2013 animated feature film Frozen. As it has a duke, Weselton is a duchy. However, it is unknown if it is a sovereign duchy or merely a fiefdom of a larger sovereign entity.
Because Weselton is a duchy of unknown status, the Duke's status is unclear as well. If Weselton is a sovereign duchy, the Duke would be its monarch; however, if Weselton is a fiefdom, the Duke would be the vassal of a more powerful ruler. Despite the uncertainty in his status, it is known that the Duke holds a high political position. The Duke is apparently responsible for maintaining Weselton's lucrative trade with Arendelle, as his main goal is to do business with Elsa and her kingdom.
Weselton used to be a close partner in trade with Arendelle, until the end of the film. The Duke is very motivated to find out more about Arendelle, and allow a freer flow of goods between the kingdoms. Elsa eventually cuts all ties with Weselton, due to the Duke's persecution of her, much to his dismay.
- Though mentioned regularly, Weselton has yet to appear in any Frozen media.
- In Unlocking Arendelle: My Treasured Memories, it's revealed that Elsa amended her proclamation to no longer do business with Weselton to no longer doing business with Weselton with just the Duke specifically.
- Kai pronounces it as "Weasel Town", to the Duke's chagrin.
- Befitting the various "weasel" nicknames, those with important positions in the country as sly and conniving. Thus, they are "weasely".
- Unlocking Arendelle: My Treasured Memories, p. 5