A new twist on an old nursery rhyme as the criminal bird court attempts to determine who killed Cock Robin as he wooed his love, Jenny Wren. The suspects were a Harpo Marx-like cuckoo, an Edward G. Robinson-inspired sparrow, and a Stepin Fetchit-based Blackbird. In the end however, Robin turned out to not be dead, but merely wounded by Cupid's arrow.
- The cuckoo bird would later reappear in Toby Tortoise Returns helping Max Hare.
- Some of the bird characters in the animated show are based on Hollywood celebrities of that time: Bing Crosby, Stepin Fetchit, Edward G. Robinson, Harpo Marx, Mae West and Joe Penner.
- Billy Bletcher - Judge Owl
- Pinto Colvig - Prosecutor Parrot
- Clarence Nash - Legs Sparrow
- Purv Pullen - Cock Robin's Whistling
- Nick Stewart - Blackbird Suspect
- Martha Wentworth - Jenny Wren
- Disneyland, episode #3.23: "More About the Silly Symphonies" (television)
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.58: "Silly Symphonies Go to the Birds" (television)
- Walt Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies (DVD)