Winkie Country is the Western quadrant of Oz populated by the Winkies in L. Frank Baum’s novel, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
In the prequel, Winkie Country is where Oscar ends up after getting sucked into a tornado. His baloon flys over Winkie Peaks and down a huge waterfall and into the Whimsie Woods. He meets Theodora who tells him he is in Oz. After they hear a screech, Oz and Theodora run to a small cave to hide from the Winged Baboons. The next day, the pair travel down a sunflower-lined path to a small wood. They find Finley panicking because he is tangled in vines and about the eaten by the Cowardly Lion. Oz sets him free and scares the lion away by causing an explosion of smoke, turning him into a coward. Eventually the reach the yellow brick road and find Knuck and a group of Winkies waiting for Theodora. By cart, they travel to the Emerald City
A few days later, Glinda causes a fog in the Poppy Fields. Scarecrows posed as an army are pulled down the fields and are used as a distraction for the Winged Baboons.
The Peaks are located in the north of the country, near Ugabu. The are a vast collection of towering rock formations, many in odd shapes. The Wizard's balloon passed through them when he arrived in Oz, but then his balloon began to descend. The Wizard's balloon fell down a waterfall into a pool, full of large and colourful flowers. Many of the flowers made music. The Wizard, believing the pool was deep, began to panic thinking he drowning. He then saw Theodora emerge out of the trees. A group of River Fairies fly out of the water and bite the wizard.
The woods rest at the bottom of the peaks on many natural forming bridges. They are shown to be lush and tropical, full of colorful flowers and plants and gushing waterfalls. Oz and Theodora run from a baboon and cause one of the land bridges to break when crossing it. They then hide in a cave under a waterfall. After the Wizard lures the Baboon with a dove, the pair stay the night in the woods before continuing on the Emerald City.
After Oz and Theodora leave the woods, they travel through a vast sunflower field on their way to the City. Soon the enter a forest where they find Finley, a winged monkey, trapped in vines. Oz mishears the monkey, thinking he said the vines are going to eat him, when really he says the Lion. The Lion charges at Oz, but he is scared away when the Wizard makes a cloud of red smoke appear. The turns the Lion in the Cowardly Lion. Oz reluctantly allows Finley to come with him an Theodora the Emerald City.
Enchanted Forest/Poppy Fields
The tall pine trees of the forest lie at the edge of the Poppy Field, near the Emerald City. Glinda, the Munchkins, Quadlings and Tinkers launched their attack on the City in the forest. First Glinda summoned a thick layer of smoke and sent it over the poppy's. Then they sent scarecrows that appeared to be soldiers across the field. The Flying Baboons where ordered by Evanora to attack the scarecrows believing they wear people, but most of the Baboons fell asleep when they breathed in the poppy's scent. Those who realized that they wear scarecrows in time managed to escape. After her plan failed, Evanora flew down to the forest and took Glinda to the Emerald City where she was to be executed.
Flora and Fauna
- Giant Flowers and Plants - colorful plants that make music, with wind or water droplets
- Colorful flowers - many can be seen around the country
- Reeds - curly reeds can be seen in Whimsie Woods
- Red trees - a few trees in Whimsie Woods have red leaves
- Sunflowers - there is vast field of sunflowers
- Vine pumpkins - tiny pumpkins grow on vines in the wood Finley got trapped in
- Pine trees - the Enchanted Forest is mostly made up of pine trees
- Poppies - red, blue and yellow poisonous poppies surround the Emerald City
Animals and Inhabitants
- Winkies - yellow skinned inhabitants of they who are mostly guards of the Emerald City
- Pink butterflies - many butterflies can be seen flying in Whimsie Woods and the Sunflowers fields. It appears the make chirping and thrilling like noises
- Flying-Kingfisher fish - these colorful birds have the appearance of Kingfishers but are shown to also dwell underwater
- River fairies - small, sharp teethed, pink scaled creatures that live in the pools of Whimsie Woods
- Winged monkeys - different from the Flying Baboons. the only known winged monkey is finley. His wings are more like those of a bird or angel, unlike the Baboons
Dorothy’s house lands in the west rather than the East and is discovered by Zelena and Glinda. When Mulan needs poppies to make sleeping powder, Dorothy and Ruby decide to go to the field to get some of them from the Poppy Field in Zelena's Dominion. Eventually, they arrive at the place but they are attacked by Flying Monkeys, so they run away.