"Winter Greens" is the second segment of the fifty-third episode of Big City Greens.
Snow has fallen across Big City and Cricket and Remy are having a snowball fight when they decide fight someone together. They settle on Vasquez, but he refuses as he has been hired to protect, not harm Remy. Cricket suggests to Remy to fire Vasquez temporarily for the snowball fight. Upon doing so, Vasquez panics, but Remy promises to rehire him after the fight, which he agrees to. Meanwhile, Tilly builds a snowperson named Margaret and prepares a to-do list for her which simply consists of, "Get made out of snow" and "melt". Nancy is perturbed by this and suggests that they take Margaret out to experience life, such as getting into a relationship with Bill and then having him break up with her.
Cricket and Remy excitedly prepare for Vasquez to attack. To their horror, Vasquez goes full commando on them and even uses Gramma Alice as bait while he attacks them from behind; forcing the boys to flee in terror. As the war progresses, Vasquez no longer sees them as children, but as bugs he needs to squash. Ultimately, the boys decide that in order for him to stop, they need to beat him. Nancy and Tilly continue to bring Margaret across town to experience life. However, Nancy appears to be in a hurry to get a lot of things done which Tilly quickly picks up on. Over time, Margaret begins to fall apart, but Nancy is still determined to finish everything on the list.
Eventually, Tilly calls Nancy out on her behavior and she admits that she missed a lot of time with her and does not want to lose any of it. They make up and keep a small piece of Margaret in the freezer. Cricket and Remy use Alice and Benny as bait and manage to attack him with a flurry of snowballs. He recovers and threatens to end Cricket, but Remy stands up for himself and beckons Vasquez to take him out. This causes him to come to his senses and he happily embraces Remy as he is rehired again. As Cricket looks on at the happy resolution, Alice and Benny get their revenge on Cricket for being used as bait by using him as the head of a snowperson.
- Chris Houghton as Cricket Green, Polar bear host
- Marieve Herington as Tilly Green
- Bob Joles as Bill Green
- Artemis Pebdani as Gramma Alice
- Wendi McLendon-Covey as Nancy Green
- Zeno Robinson as Remy Remington
- Danny Trejo as Vasquez
- Luke Lowe as Benny
- David Wain as Ronald Featherman
- This is the third episode of Big City Greens to take place in the winter.
- Cricket wears different winter headwear instead of his red earmuffs; in this case, he wears a purple pompom hat with ear flaps.
- This is the first time another major newscaster is shown instead of Maria Media, despite appearing in the previous episode.
- One of the children as the zoo resembles Kenny McCormack from South Park.
- Margaret's list:
- Taste meat
- Learn about airplanes
- Fall in love
- Dance like no one is watching
- Console after break up
- Sleep in a bunk bed
- Tie a tie
- Collect comics
- See a cat
- Snow cone!
- Flower arrangment
- Do an olly
- Learn about sunscreen
- New movie titles on the marquee:
- Leach is a reference to the South Korean drama Parasite and mimics the poster.
- Dad of the Dead is a play on Day of the Dead.
- Henry Cauldron and the Chalice of Flames specifically references Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Croblins 7 continues the running gag of there being numerous Croblins sequels.
- Arachno is a reference to Spider-Man.
- Love conquers all.
- What's important about your lifetime is spending time with each other.