Role in the series
Ty Parsec patrolled the planet Canis Lunis until an attack from NOS-4-A2. While Ty was in combat with the energy vampire, NOS-4-A2 flew himself and Ty up into the beam, which gives power to the planet from the moon's radioactive energy, and bit into Ty's skin. After NOS-4-A2 fled, Ty started to mutate into some sort of electronic canine, later given the title of "Wirewolf". When having discovered that this transformation only happens in the light of the Canis Lunis moon, Buzz told Booster to destroy the moon. Once the moon was destroyed, Team Lightyear believed that the Wirewolf was finished until NOS-4-A2 gave Ty a Canis Lunis moon rock. When NOS-4-A2 was destroyed, Ty was turned back to normal, ending the curse of the Wirewolf.
A Wirewolf has complete domination over the following attributes: superhuman strength and durability, as well as incredible strength and the most array of senses to match its cunning primal adaptability. The Wirewolf is constructed of a strong metallic material - possibly a steel alloy or titanium. The creature by itself seems to possess the intelligence of a living wolf and acts primarily on predatory instinct. With the later influences from the host, it appears to have the capability to show more human-like thought and emotion.
The Wirewolf communicates more commonly in growls, howls, speaking, and other primal methods. It has the ability to walk on two legs, but can run faster on all fours. It can also break down the thickest of metal doors, and its claws can puncture straight through materials of the highest density with minimal effort. Retractable wings also at its disposal grant the Wirewolf the gift of flight. It may also shoot out wires from its hands; these wires can grab onto people or objects and can be used to capture or drain its targets of electrical energy. The creature can also use its claws to climb even the slickest of surfaces. Other abilities may be present, but have not been fully explored.
- Steve Hytner voiced both Ty Parsec and the Wirewolf.
- The name is a reference to the mythical folklore, "werewolf".
- As a combination of a mostly robotic body and an organic brain, a Wirewolf is a cyborg, not a robot.
- While Ty Parsec fought off the influence of the Wirewolf both times, presumably he is still under the curse of the Wirewolf, as he was directly infected by NOS-4-A2 rather than the virus being beamed into him as everybody else was.
- Matthew Mercer did the speaking voice of the Wirewolf when it spoke.