Mickey and Minnie’s wish to live happily ever after (along with everyone else's wishes), are put in danger after Pete steals all the coins from the wishing well.
As Snow White works, Mickey and Minnie come across a wishing well. The 7 dwarfs throw coins in the water, and Goofy throws a coin picked out of his bellybutton in to hear the bell ring. Next Mickey finds a coin in his pocket, and he and Minnie kiss it. Mickey throws the coin, attracting the attention of Pete, who is stealing coins and driving a car away. Mickey says that the wishes are gone, while Goofy and the dwarfs descend into a hysterical panic over their wishes not coming true. Minnie tells Mickey that they have to get coins back. As Mickey rushes after Pete, Minnie begins to panic over trying to quell the riot.
In the city, Pete is rejoicing over his good fortune when he sees Mickey. Pete brakes him out, but Mickey grabs the back of the car. They go to the car wash but Pete tickles Mickey with a feather. Pete grabs the bag of coins and he runs behind his car. His car jumps over a bridge while he stops to sit on the bridge. As the doves come by, Mickey holds their wings and gets an idea.
At the wishing well, a terrified Minnie talks to rioting dwarfs about a big spoonful of sugar, and that you need to wish upon a star, and a dream is a wish your heart makes. Dressed as a witchdoctor, Goofy boos her, which scares her.
Meanwhile, Mickey flies over the bridge, and the doves drop eggs on Pete's car, which crashes in front of a hotel.
As the panic and rioting has grown beyond her control, Minnie is relieved to see Mickey holding the coin bag, which he dumps out into the wishing well. As the wishes start to manifest, Goofy is wearing glass slippers, and the dwarfs, huddled in prayer around a sleeping Snow White, instead grow hair (while Dopey grows a long beard). Minnie has made everyone's wish come true, and she is Mickey's wish come true. They say goodbye to the dwarfs and run off together so they can live happily ever after.
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- Snow White (cameo)
- Forest Animals
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Russi Taylor - Minnie Mouse
- Jim Cummings - Pete
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- Paul Rudish - Bashful
- Several magic and wish-oriented Disney songs were referenced in the short - "I'm Wishing", "A Spoonful of Sugar", "When You Wish Upon a Star", "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes", and "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo".
- When Mickey and Minnie walk on the bridge to the Wishing Well, Tomorrowland can be seen in the background (most notably, Space Mountain and the Astro Orbiter). This is a possible reference to the wishing well in Snow White Grotto at Disneyland.
- Goofy dresses up as Chief Nah-Mee (often referred to as Trader Sam), a character from the Jungle Cruise attraction of the Magic Kingdom.
- Unlike the other dwarfs, Dopey places a button in the Well rather than a coin.
- The sinister trees from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs can be briefly seen when Minnie trips over Sleepy.
- This is the first short that features Pete wearing his trademark outfit for the series, first seen in production art.