- “Droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that.”
- ―Han's warning about Wookiees
Wookiees (translated as the People of the Trees), are a species of hairy, super strong, bipedal humanoids that are inhabitants of the planet Kashyyyk. One of the most noteworthy members of the species is Chewbacca, Han Solo's best friend and co-pilot, who played a vital role in the Galactic Civil War and afterwards. The leader of their army is Tarrful. Their ruler is King Grakchawwaa at the time of the Clone Wars. Wookies were occasionally known to become Jedi, but this was considered very rare and such an accomplishment was regarded with pride.
All Wookiees are known to be brave, intelligent, loyal, short-tempered, aggressive, violent, passionate, moral, honorable, selfless, and trustworthy.
Powers and Abilities
- Advanced Strength: All Wookiees are physically stronger then most other sentient beings. As mentioned by Han Solo, Wookiees are said to be strong enough to pull a man's arms out of their sockets.
- Extended Longevity: All Wookiees can live to be more than four hundred years old, making them one of the galaxy's longer-lived species; Wookiees' longevity are surpassed only by Yoda's species, Maz Kanata, and the Sarlacc.
- Marksmanship: All Wookiees are trained at very young ages to be skilled in utilizing bowcasters.
- Hand-To-Hand Combatant: All Wookiees are trained at very young ages to be skilled in unarmed combat.