With the surprising emergence of Ghost Rider, Coulson and the team attempt to stop AIDA from ending the world.
From a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, Robbie Reyes retrieves his Hellcharger. On the Zephyr One, Coulson and the team discuss a way to try to defeat AIDA, whilst Jemma and Fitz end their discussion in argument due to Fitz's guilt. Daisy, meanwhile, keeps a tab on Mack and Yo-Yo's vitals, who are trapped in the Framework, but finds out the Framework is being shut down. AIDA, who is in possession of the Darkhold, along with LMDs of Anton Ivanov and Sergei Mishkin, are confronted by the Ghost Rider, who takes down the LMDs and manages to injure AIDA with his Hellfire Chain. However she escapes by teleporting away, frustrating the Ghost Rider, but AIDA finds she is unable to heal. In the Framework, Yo-Yo is almost killed by a HYDRA agent but is saved by Radcliffe, who takes her to the Playground to see Mack, who is struggling to manage the situation with disappearing objects as the Framework shuts down. Coulson is called by General Glenn Talbot, who asks him to go to the International Intelligence Inquiry Committee session to explain the events at the Playground. Daisy finds Robbie and bring him onboard the Zephyr One, where he explains AIDA is made of dark matter like the Darkhold, which the Spirit of Vengeance needs to bring back to Hell where it belongs. AIDA, with an LMD army, attacks the Committee session with Talbot ending up getting shot in the head by Daisy's LMD. Coulson, May, Daisy and Robbie arrive and eliminate the LMDs though AIDA escapes. Returning to the Zephyr One, Ghost Rider wants to take the Darkhold back to Hell, though Coulson believes the Darkhold can be used to lure AIDA into a trap. Returning to the Playground, AIDA manages to threaten Fitz to comply to her demands by holding Simmons, but still kills her. However this Simmons is an LMD, and AIDA is shot by the real Simmons. AIDA heals and laughs at their attempts to stop her, but Coulson has the Spirit of Vengeance, and fights with AIDA, who is killed.
In the Framework, as people disappear, Mack is not ready to leave his daughter Hope behind. Yo-Yo decides to stay behind despite Radcliffe's urges. After Hope disappears, Mack finally leaves with Yo-Yo using a backdoor created by Daisy. In the Playground, Ghost Rider takes the Darkhold and takes it to Hell. Fitz wants to turn himself over to the authorities as he is responsible, but the rest of the team decide to stay together with him. Back in the Framework, Radcliffe toasts to the end on a beach before disappearing along with the rest of the Framework. The S.H.I.E.L.D. team go to a diner to enjoy a meal and are arrested by a mysterious man leading an armed squad, who freezes the agents using an unidentified device before leading them off. In the end scene, Coulson wakes up in a spaceship and declares he needs to get back to work.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake/Daisy Johnson (Life-Model Decoy)
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons/Jemma Simmons (Life-Model Decoy)
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe
- Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider
- Mallory Jansen as AIDA
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez
- Zach McGowan as Anton Ivanov/The Superior
- Patrick Cavanaugh as Agent Burrows
- Jordan Rivera as Hope Mackenzie
- Joel Stoffer as Silhouetted Man
- Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot
- Zibby Allen as Lt. Evans
- Joris Jarsky as Sergei Mishkin
- Karole Foreman as Waitress
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/World's_End