The World Grand Prix (often shortened to WGP) is a racing competition which is at the center of the 2011 Disney/Pixar animated film, Cars 2. Notable participants in this competition are Lightning McQueen and Francesco Bernoulli.
In Cars 2, the World Grand Prix is created by Miles Axlerod to promote his new alternative fuel called Allinol. The competition unites the eleven best racers of all racing types to determine the world's fastest car. The event is composed of three races at Tokyo, Japan, Porto Corsa, Italy and London, England.
The World Grand Prix is the target of a plot to sabotage the race directed by the evil German weapons designer Professor Z. The British master spy Finn McMissile discovered the plot and, along with a British agent named Holley Shiftwell and a tow truck named Tow Mater, managed to stop it.
- Originally, the World Grand Prix was going to be composed of five races. Paris would have hosted a "Le Mans 24-Hour race", and the Black Forest region of Germany would have hosted a "DTM Rally race". These races were later cut from the movie due to having too much story to tell. However, they do appear in the Nintendo DS version of Cars 2: The Video Game.
- The name "World Grand Prix" changes its name depending on the country; for example, in Japan: ワールドグランプリ; in Italy: Mondiale Grand Prix.
- The World Grand Prix has a mascot whose name was revealed to be Globie.
- There are no pit stops witnessed in any of the races but they are available, as mentioned by Acer.
- London was chosen as one of the host cities of the World Grand Prix to coincide with the 2012 Summer Olympics that would be held a year later.
- All of the three race tracks are street circuits.
- Out of all the racers, Francesco Bernoulli is the only one who was not in target of the Lemons.