The short features Mickey and his friends putting on a musical set in Medieval times. Mickey plays a wandering minstrel who saves Princess Minnie from having to marry Dippy Dawg, the Prince of Poopoopadoo.
Other characters in the short include the King of Kampalazoo and Clarabelle Cow as Minnie's handmaiden.
- The plot of this short was recycled from the Oswald short Oh What a Knight.
- This short is featured as a transition level in Epic Mickey.
- Upon the Prince's (Dippy Dawg, later renamed Goofy) entrance, the five-note musical phrase "You're... a hor-se's ass" plays, indicating that the Prince is not too bright.
- The Mickey Mouse Club, November 3, 1955
- The Mouse Factory, episode #2.4: "Knighthood"
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #44
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #58
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #83
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.39: "Minnie Mouse"
- Mickey Mouse: The Black and White Years - Volume One
- Robin Hood (Gold Classic Collection) color
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White
- Robin Hood: Most Wanted Edition
- Walt Disney Animation Collection: Classic Short Films, Vol. 3: The Prince and the Pauper
- Robin Hood: 40th Anniversary Edition