Mickey’s Lunar New Year feast is placed in jeopardy after a mysterious creature steals the main course.
It is Lunar New Year, and people are marching in a parade in Shanghai, China. A hungry Pluto searches for his bone and opens up his tummy to reveal a spider on a cobweb and a dragonfly. Suddenly, he smells something delicious and follows his nose to find Mickey's food: noodles, chicken, xiaolongbao, youtiao, fish, and tea eggs. Pluto hides behind the table, and while Mickey is distracted, Pluto starts to eat Mickey's food. Mickey notices that some of his food is gone, but doesn't notice Pluto eating the rest of the food until it is too late. He opens the door to see Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Horace, Clarabelle, Daisy, and Scrooge. Minnie screams when she sees Pluto stealing the tea eggs. Mickey chases Pluto, disguised as a living statue. He passes a troupe of acrobats forming an inverted triangle, but Mickey runs into them, and they form a big, yellow star. Pluto jumps onto a lantern, but he loses his balance when it lights up. Mickey sees the eggs flying up, grabs the string, jumps up and gets all the eggs except the last one, but Pluto tries to eat the last egg. Suddenly Mickey has an idea: fireworks. He uses a lantern to light the fireworks up, and gets the dragon. Pluto sees the flying dragon before he tries to eat the last egg. Mickey jumps out of a firework and gets the egg as the flying dragon explodes. Pluto is sad because there is no more food left. This makes Mickey sad, so he decides to share his food. Back at the house, he shares the eggs with his friends, and gives the last egg to Pluto, who gives it back to Mickey, so they split the egg in half. They hug while Mickey's friends shout happily and the fireworks explode.
- Pluto, Goofy - Bill Farmer
- Mickey Mouse - Chris Diamantopoulos
- Minnie Mouse - Russi Taylor
- Donald Duck - Tony Anselmo
- Daisy Duck - (non-speaking role)
- Scrooge McDuck - John Kassir (screams; uncredited)
- Clarabelle Cow - (non-speaking role)
- Horace Horsecollar - (non-speaking role)
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - (cameo)
- Raja - (cameo)
- Kara Wang
- Episodes with dialogue spoken entirely in a foreign language:
- 1.) Croissant de Triomphe = French.
- 2.) Tokyo Go = Japanese.
- 3.) Panda-monium = Mandarin Chinese.
- 4.) O Sole Minnie = Italian.
- 5.) O Futebol Clássico = Portuguese.
- 6.) Mumbai Madness = Hindi.
- 7.) Clogged = Dutch.
- 8.) Al Rojo Vivo = Spanish.
- 9.) ¡Feliz Cumpleaños! = Spanish.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Spanish, it takes place in Mexico rather than Spain.
- 10.) Dancevidaniya = Russian.
- 11.) Turkish Delights = Turkish.
- 12.) Locked in Love = Korean.
- 13.) Carnaval = Portuguese.
- This is the second short to be spoken in Portuguese as well as the second short to take place in Brazil. Also, both shorts take place in Rio de Janeiro.
- 14.) Year of the Dog = Chinese.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Chinese as well as the second short to take place in China, this short takes place in Shanghai rather than Beijing.
- 15.) Amore Motore = Italian.
- While this is the second short to be spoken in Italian and the second short to take place in Italy, this short takes place in Rome rather than Venice.
- 16.) Our Floating Dreams = Thai.
- This episode celebrates Chinese New Year and the year of the Dog in the Chinese Zodiac.
- Furthermore, the animals taking part in the opening parade (rooster, dog, pig, monkey, rabbit, rat, tiger, snake, and ox) are representatives of the Chinese Zodiac.
- Coincidentally, 2018 (due to being aligned with the Earth element) is considered the year of the Yellow Dog, fitting Pluto's description.
- This aired alongside five events: biathlon - women's sprint, cross-country skiing - women's 15 kilometer skiathlon, short track speed skating - men's 1500 meters, ski jumping - men's normal hill individual, and speed skating - women's 3000 meters at the 2018 Winter Olympics, held in Pyeongchang County, North Korea.
- When Mickey goes to place his food on the table, he whistles "Steamboat Bill".
- Whenever the short is shown on Disney Cruise Line ships and the Walt Disney World resorts, most of the dialogue and sound effects are removed.
Place in the World
- Shanghai, China